Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) has been a driving force in the electrotechnical and engineering services industry since the Association’s formation in 1901. Over the years, ECA has been pivotal in improving industry standards and creating a sustainable business environment. Many organisations engage with ECA on an ongoing basis, often as part of their member and associate programmes.
ECA wanted to replace their core business systems across all functions of the organisation.
The Association is not operating in the most efficient way, impacting services provided to membership and profitability.
Equantiis challenged the approach of moving straight to replacing technology and proposed to develop a Transformation Strategy that focuses on member experience delivered through new technology.
This included a Discovery phase, the output of which is a business case that outlines the current challenges and recommended solutions, along with a timescale, budget and resources required to successfully deliver the project. This approach provided sufficient information to the ECA Board, so an informed decision on how to proceed can be made.
- Project Vision and Principles for benefits realisation.
- Membership experience optimisation.
- Process Discovery to evaluate highly complex and valued processes for opportunity by re-engineering and/or automation.
- Requirements gathering captured as User Stories with clear outcomes
- Pre-market engagement to support a business case for replacement technology with indicative timings, budgets and resources.